Sunday, February 24, 2013

Dupe of a Dupe Alert

Hey all!

Just a quick 'n dirty post. ^_Q

So we polish fanatics all know how glorious Lippmann's Across The Universe is, and how Sally Hansen has just duped it with Mermaid's Tale.  Now everyone is rushing to find Tale but it's not popping up fast enough.

Well last week I happened upon Mermaid's Tale and... I passed on it.  Why?  Because I already have Jordana Glitters #13 Carnival.  See for yourself: 


(C) H.M.C. 2013
Um... yes, that's me comparing a phone pic of Mermaid's Tale
with my actual bottle of Jordana. No I am not weird. At all.
 


Without swatching them side-by-side, I think they're pretty darn identical. (For some solo swatches of Carnival, see Nouveau Cheap HERE.)


(C) H.M.C. 2013
Yes, this is a rather crazy Frankenstein blend of 2 different pics.. Still not weird. ;-)

Also Sally retails for $8.00 while K-mart sells Jordana for $1.99!  I got Carnival at K-mart last Summer (in Florida, there's no K-mart in my neck of the U.S. woods) precisely because I thought it might be an Across the Universe dupe. 

So my recommendation is this-- if you're lemming Sally Hansen's Mermaid's Tale and cannot find it, check out Jordana Glitters #13 Carnival.  As 

~*Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment