Monday, March 4, 2013

The Dupes are After Me!!!

Seriously-- it feels like it!

I popped into Urban Outfitters, just because "it was there".  I like their accessories & quirky items but It'd been a long time since I'd gone inside to browse.  I knew they had nail polish, but nothing special, so I'd never bought one.  Well it turns out they've revamped their wares (or changed suppliers, as the case may be, cause Outfitters isn't a polish company). They now have a pretty big range of cremes, a lot of new glitters and even some new candy sprinkles types. Quite a few were very recognizable dupes for something else.  

Read on for a list of the ones that stood out for me... and a surprise ending. :-)


  • LOLLIPOP - A dupe for Lippman's and Claire's (identically named) Candy Shop.
  • DUST - Dupe for Lippman's Today Was a Fairytale.
  • BRIGHT LIGHTS - Similar to Lippmann's Glitter In The Air // Revlon Whimsical, I'd call it "inspired by".  This one was so interesting I almost bought it. The base color was more gray than blue and the glitter was confetti colorful, very pretty.  From that description you'd think it was more like China Glaze It's A Trap-Eze, but the glitter was a lot less dense. It definitaly has a Glitter In The Air vibe to it.
  • ????? - Dupe for Nails Inc Sugar House Lane.  I may have dreamed this one, for  I can find no trace of it online.  But if I'm right then it's actually the 2nd dupe I've found, with Hard Candy's Cocoa Smore from their brand new Candy Sprinkles line being the first.

And the piece dé resistance....

(C) H.M.C. 2013
URBAN OUTFITTERS MYSTIC
Dupe for Lippman's Ray of Light
(All the bottles were so dusty- sorry!)

(C) H.M.C. 2013
That's not glitter in there, that's rainbow flakies, y'all! 

(C) H.M.C. 2013


I've wanted Ray of Light since I saw Let Them Have Polish's swatches.  The best way to describe it is this --> if Cult NailsTime Traveler and Nfu Oh #51 had a baby, Mystic would be it.  A blue, jelly, rainbow baby of awesome. ♥ To see some great swatches of Ray of Light, check out this post over at Makeup Withdrawal.  

You can buy some of the polishes I mentioned above online at Urban Outfitters and they're currently on sale at 2 for $8.  (For the record, I also bought Oyster.) They even have some gorgeous looking holos which I did not see in store. 

~*Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment