"It's a double rainbow all the way... woah... It's so vivid... what does this mean?!"**
**This is a redunculous You Tube vid that went viral a while back. Cllck at your own risk. ;-)
Truth is, it means I had done two rainbow manis and I had two pictures, so why not post them both. =)
The primary colors rainbow was done at the suggestion of my second grade students last year. After showing up to school with naked nails, they quickly asked me why (like the observant little people they were). I merely said "I didn't know what color to use. What color should I use?". One little girl quickly replied "rainbow!" making it sounds like a song and a Lisa Frank dream. Yup, when you're seven "rainbow" is "a color". =)
The primary rainbow mani was brought into being using the following:
- blue - Color Club Chesea Girl - Super neon, dries matte.
- green - Bettina Mojito - Amazing formula, as with all Bettina's
- yellow - OPI The It Color - I told you this was my go-to yellow. ;-)
- orange - Color Club Wham! Pow! - Screamin' neon.
- red - Claire's Stilletos - Great tomato red. So 1950's pin-up, I love it.
The pastel rainbow mani was brought into being using the following:
- yellow - Sally Hansen Yellow Kitty - Loved this yellow. Hated the Sally brush.
- mint - OPI Hey! Get In Lime!
- lavender - Color Club Secret Rendevous
- pink - Color Club Vintage Couture
- blue - Essie Mint Candy Apple - I know, but it looks blue, trust me. ;-)
Chronologically speaking the pastel rainbow came first. It was a silly, Easter/Spring thing. I love it because it really got a rise out of one of my co-workers. She took one look at it and declared "Oh my gosh-- you need a hobby!" LOL! Funniest thing is that she has a personality that's twice as colorful as any of those manis up there. =) I ♥ her to bits... and I miss her dearly. She retired this past June and it's just not the same without our Pammie.
~*Ari


Love that you did a pastel rainbow as noone else seems to have tried this. Still lovely and bright though :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! It was loads of fun to wear. =)
DeleteOoh, they look so happy!
ReplyDelete