Monday, September 10, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 10: gradient

Hi.  =)

This challenge has taken me to try mani art that I have meant to try before, but never actually have.  The gradient is one such tecnique.  I had a vision of charcoal-holo-tips and I'm unsure if I suceeded. 

I'll let you be the judge.  Please comment and let me know, k?   K!  =)

I did a ton of things to get this mani.  This was the final version:

Orly Au Champagne and Color Club Revvvolution
For this final version I just painted my two colors on the make-up sponge & dabbed/rolled over the original polish, then hit it with topcoat.  The gradient blend got softer; better, not perfect but enough that I could stand to wear this mani for a few days.  
 


This was the first version:
Orly Au Champagne and Color Club Revvvolution
I started by painting my whole nail with Orly Au Champagne (which happens to be an amazing white) then sponged the tips with Revvvolution. It didn't seem holo enough, or blended enough, so I dabbed a few glitters from KleanColor Moonlight Seduction. You can barely see them.


Orly Au Champagne and Color Club Revvvolution

But doesn't Revvvolution look fantastic in the bottle?!  That's what this pic is for: bottle!porn. (Click it, it's huge.)  

Come October I really must wear this polish... over a black creme base... ooohhh yeah.

~*Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment