Saturday, September 8, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 8: metallic

Hi!

I feel a little guilty posting today's challenge.  Let me show you first and elaborate on my nonsense later: 


(C) H.M.C. 2012
OPI Crown Me Already! over Orly Dazzle 
with China Glaze Dorothy Who? over Color Club Cold Metal (accent)





Silver and blue are my 'dance studio team colors' (I do ballroom-- Go Team Dallas!)  I actually did this mani some time ago, for a spirit night.  (For the actual competition I removed the blue and made it all matching silver.)

Orly Dazzle is my "go to" silver sparkle.  It's interesting.  It's smooth textured, but not a glitter nor a foil.  Its silver particles are too noticeable.  In my book foils have almost powder fine pigment particles.  For a super bling effect this time I layered OPI Crown Me Already! over it, which is a mult-shapped glitter in a clear base. 

This time I did my blue accent with China Glaze Dorothy Who? --from the reissue of the Wizard of Oohs and Aahs Collection-- over Color Club Cold Metal.  I say "this time" because I own a lot of blue polish.  (My first "crazy-edgy polish" back in the 90's was a deep, dark, chrome blue, by Bettina-- which got me a lot of attention in grad school.  I wish I still had it.)  So I obviously like the color.  I use the "but it's my team color" excuse to buy more blue way too often. ;-)


~*Ari 

P.S.  The guilt?  I should have gone to dance class today, but I didn't.  Felt too stressy and bummed out to do so. =(

No comments:

Post a Comment