Here goes... It's not often you find a tutorial that features something you just happen to already have. In this post I will be featuring two.
First --> This is my take on Syrup Nails by Polish Insomniac. =)
| NYX Girls Frizzy Spot |
| NYX Girls Frizzy Spot |
I followed her tutorial to the letter and I think it worked out perfectly. However, I would do one thing differently next time. Since Frizzy Spot is so jelly/sheer I would first do one coat over the entire nail, then I would start building up the layers up from the tips. That way I would make sure that the cuticle line is a bit more tinted.
Second --> For this mani I also used the DIY Peel Off Base Coat tutorial from overpolished. I want to see how long it lasts on me. Then I'll report back to y'all here. =)
As for safety/health concerns in using this as a base coat, I have none. I teach elementary school and my 6 year olds and I, we live in this stuff and we're fine. =) In fact, this is probably safer to use than most base coats created for nails.
Random Parting Thoughts....
#1 - I think I'll try Syrup Nails with Nars Zulu and Revlon Just Tinted Victoriana, see how that goes.
#2 - I may be frankening some version of Frizzy Spot with a so-janky-old-its-kinda-nasty bottle of Maybelline Emeral Water (which I suspect is actually a mislabeled Blue Water) and some glitter.
~*Ari
So pretty such good ideas!
ReplyDeleteJazz x
Thanks muchly!
Delete(I say that is so too totally a word ;-)
Awesome! Thank you so much for the Link L♥ve!
ReplyDeleteThanks to you for the awesome tutorial. ♥
Deletethis is so gorgeous! you did a great job
ReplyDelete