Wooh! I must admit I'm a little releived that the challenge month is almost over... even as I contemplate NaNoWriMo. Anyhoo...
Supernatural-- I didn't plan this out too much, and yet I think it worked out really well!
For this challenge theme I knew I wanted to use Cult Nails Mind Control for sure, but I didn't know what pair with with. Looking thru my helmer this glitter stood out and when I read the name, I knew it was a match made in thematic heaven. ;-)
| Cult Nails Mind Control, with Jordana Fairy Dust (glitter accent) |
How pretty are those two together?!?!? I ♥ them!!!
| Cult Nails Mind Control, with Jordana Fairy Dust (glitter accent) |
Playing around with Fairy Dust I tried layering it over Mind Control (1 coat, ring finger) and solo on my thumb (2 coats). Like all glitters it's still a bit scratchy, even with Seche Vite topcoat. That doesn't bother me though and I think 2 coats of Seche would have totally smoothed it out.
| Cult Nails Mind Control, with Jordana Fairy Dust (glitter accent) |
Tip wear... yeah, sorry. This mani is a day old and my job is a hand/mani destroyer. Don't judge Cult Nails, y'all. Also it's not visible under normal, non-macro-7-mega-pixel conditions.
As I wore Mind Control I think I spotted a "sibbling" in my stash: Zoya Julianne. It's not a perfect dupe, but close. The colors are spot on (I think) but the particle size is not: Zoya's are quite larger while Cult Nails' are far more refined. Sometimes I have a preference on pigment particle size (don't laugh) but in this case I quite like them both. I believe it's the color combination.
Now Fairy Dust is (by my standards) a total dupe of OPI Teenage Dream (from that Katy Perry collection). I don't own Teenage Dream (I don't like Katy Perry that much) but I held a bottle of it at Target yesterday, whilst wearing Fairy Dust and I call identical. Should have taken a cellphone pick. Darn. :-/
| Jordana Fairy Dust (2 coats of glitter, topped with Seche Vite) |
#1 - Photos... what a difference a tripod makes! $1.00 y'all!
#2 - Cuticles... what a difference organic coconut oil makes! Not kidding, and not intentional. I just started using it as an all-over moisturizer and I simply happened to have applied shortly before I took these pics.
#3 - I'm a little sad that I have to take off these colors now, for challenge #30.
~*Ari
That's really pretty.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I really don't want to take it off. LOL!
Delete