Wednesday, July 4, 2012

NOTD: Red, white and oh-my!

Hi!  Happy 4th of July-- wherever you are! 
Me?  I'm on holiday in Florida!  Having BBQ and a beer (hopefully ;-) with my family,

so this post was previously plotted, for your enjoyment.

Today I have for you a "vintage" mani.  This is one of the first --if not *the very* first-- mani pic I took of myself.  The "accent nail" and the "multi mani" are all the rage now. But last year, in my circles, not so much.  People around me thought I was silly.

Behold - 4th of July mani, circa 2011:

Maybelline Acoustic Azure with Revlon Galaxy (navy/silver glitter)
Milani Red to Tango and Essie Blanc topped off with that mini,
no-name white glitter by Hot Looks! (which I'm holding)







I remember planning this puppy out and chosing that glitter because it had stars in it. Yeah, not a one made it onto the nail... and it never ocurred to me to pick them out with an orange stick.

That blue is still one of my favorites, Maybelline Acoustic Azure. Dark, but not enough to look black, and somewhat metallic-ish, but not streaky.  It was a chance find at a 'dollar store', paired with Sheer Whisper, which is precisely as its name implies. Essie Blanc was my go-to french-tip white for the longest time, until I got Zoya Purity (Lady Gaga wore it once so... you do the math.) That Milani was actually 'borrowed' from my Mom's stash. (Her mani style is very classic-mom-colors: reds, whites, rusty browns & mauves. Love ya, Ma! =)  It's a great red though and I love the name.  Dance + Tango = Yes, please!

~*Ari


No comments:

Post a Comment