Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Liebster Award!

Hey everyone!  I've received another award!





I was tagged by the wonderful Samantha of Totally Chic for the Leibster Award! Thanks so much! Now, the rules for the award are as follows:

  1. Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
  2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
  3. Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
  4. Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
  5. Absolutely NO tag backs. (I don't know what this is but...)
  6. Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers

First off, eleven things about me...

  1. I LOVE music.
  2. I LOVE reading. - I love books.  I love the library, but I love owning my books more. 
  3. I LOVE mythology. - Especially Greek mythology.  And faerie-tales.  My blog's name comes from Beauty & The Beast.  My blogger name, Ariadne Elise, comes directly from my favorite Greek myths: Ariadne and Hades.  No, they don't really meet in myth.  So I wrote their story myself. Ha! 
  4. I love ballroom dancing. - I've been taking ballroom dance lessons for just over 2 years now. I especially love how it let's me interact more fully with music, since I don't sing or play an instrument.
  5. I am an only child. - I never think about this, until it comes up with other people and they find it bizarre. I don't. Siblings are bizarre to me; like, share my Mom?! Oh hell no, I don't think so. ;-)
  6. I have radically changed careers. - I went from law to teaching. Yes, my parents thought I was nuts. =)
  7. I am at the halfway mark of my weight loss journey. - 40lbs. with HCG. It changed my life. It really does work. Now...
  8. I am an organic fiend. - This makes me the most annoying person to grocery shop with.  I read every label.  Lord bless my mother for putting up with me.
  9. When it comes to food, I try not to be a conspiracy theorist nut. - Sometimes I fail. I really think big food companies are out to make you fat. 
  10. I buy gorgeous make-up... and then rarely wear any. - I blame my current job. I start too early in the day and to little 6 year olds, you're beautiful no matter what. 
  11. I am a techie with a very stubborn streak. - I like what I like and I usually don't follow the crowd. I have never owned anything Apple. I don't have an iPod, I have a Zune. (Back in the day, it was cheaper, had more storage & a bigger screen.)    In this iPad world, I bought a Kindle Fire HD.  (Love it.  Happy Birthday to me.)  I don't like laptops, only desktops.  I have never bought a  pre-built, off-the-shelf desktop.  I get a PC clone custom made.  Right now I am typing this on a BA rig that'd make a gamer salivate.  I don't game.  I just like power.

Now for Samantha's Questions.  They're all Coke-or-Pepsi style, meaning which do you prefer, she thought they would be more fun that way and I agree. =)

  1. Target or Walmart? -- Both! ^_^
  2. Coke or Pepsi? -- Pepsi (sometimes, back when I used to drink soda)
  3. Dogs or Cats? -- Cats
  4. Winter or Summer? -- Summer
  5. Macy's or J.C. Penney's? -- Macy's
  6. Big house or cozy house? -- Big.
  7. Disney or Universal? -- Disney! Plus now they own Star Wars!!! *geek!alert*
  8. Giving or receiving? -- Giving
  9. Bracelets or necklaces? -- Bracelet
  10. Long hair or short hair? -- Loooong, please
  11. Hair in a ponytail/updo or hair down? -- Ponytail
  12. Loki or Thor? -- LOKI!!!!!!!  Ok, I just totally made that one up. Sorry... not. LOL!

Now for my 11 Questions, also Coke-or-Pepsi style** and as randomly as they came from my flu-ridden and over-medicated brain today (:   

**Feel free to cop to both, so long as you elaborate as to why ;-)

  1. Asgard:  Loki or Thor? -- 
  2. Lacquer:  Red or Pink? -- 
  3. Make-up:  Lipstick or Lipgloss? --
  4. Food:  Sushi or Pasta? --
  5. Drink:  Coffee or Tea? --
  6. Sweet:  Chocolate or Fruit? --
  7. Fandoms, part 1:  Star Wars or Star Trek? --
  8. Fandoms, part 2:  Doctor Who or Sherlock? --
  9. Vampires: sparkle or no sparkle? --
  10. Books: paper or digital? --
  11. Hunger Games:  Peeta or Gale? --

And finally, who I have tagged (Drumroll, please...)

  1. Ginger Elanor - I consider her my very first partner in lacquer crime. LOL!  
  2. Jazz - So very cheerful!  Plus she likes Nightmare Before Christmas!
  3. Simple Joy of Polish - We have such similar taste in polish. 
  4. Patricia at Polished & Glittered - She's just moved to a brand-new blog name.
  5. Lacquer-loving Lawyer - Because my car is also my fave sunny spot to snap mani pics.

I'm going to stop here because I have another award to answer/nominate for.  

Thanks again, Samantha! ♥

~*Ari

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for tagging me! I was reading your questions thinking what I would put and then I saw you choose me! thank you! Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Can't wait to see your responses. =)

      Delete