Wednesday, October 31, 2012

NOTD: Happy Halloween (literally)

Hi y'all!

It's been a while since my last post-- I apologize. but work has been (and apparently will continue to be) very, very evil.  I believe that's why I slanted towards the sweet side of Halloween this year.

Granted I am by no means a "dark-type" in personality.  But I was willing to go a bit out there this Halloween (with my costume).  Then I did w'iddle mummies last week!

(C) H.M.C. 2012
Mummie!
100% inspired by the mani the nice lady at the DMV was sporting,
when I went to renew my license. (Bad, over-processed cellphone pic.)

For the curious (and if you're reading thus far, you are =) I used the inner guts of a pen as a dotting tool for the eyes. Fitting, no?  ^_Q   

Actually this was the mani that wouldn't die.  After I got bored of the gray (China Glaze's Hunger Games Stone Cold and some corner swipes of Jordana's Bronze Fest) I took it all off and went bright orange, with Barry M Coral and L'Oreal Coral Starfish.  That accented the mummies much better (sadly, no pics, sorry).

But that wasn't my Halloween mani.  This was ^_^




(C) H.M.C. 2012
A Happy Halloween mani, 2012

I freakin' love this!  These colors all together make me smile!  Purple Nurple is awesome.  I scored it on clearance last summer, at a Ride Aid I hit up on 'The Great Drive Home of 2012'. (We have no Rite Aids in Texas so it was a treat. Scored lot's of goodies. =) 


(C) H.M.C. 2012
A Happy Halloween mani, 2012


Zombie Zest was another clearance score, last week at Sally's. I believe it's old, from the 2011 Halloween collection.  I never would have tried this color before-- in fact I'm certain I had passed on it last year.  But it's really a very odd/pretty color, quite on point with the season.  It shimmers beautifully, while the base is sheer, murky and dirty-looking. 

Here's a bottle group shot of the line up:


(C) H.M.C. 2012
Left to right:  KleanColor My Valentine, love & beauty Rose, Hedy's oke doke Purple Nurple and China Glaze Zombie Zest 
On a random note, that Love & Beauty polish, Rose?  It's supposed to be glow-in-the-dark and it sure does work!  Kinda freaked myself out in bed last night. LOL! 

The color combination for my mani was loosely inspired by OPI's Halloween 2012 minis the So So Skullicious set:


(C) OPI


Well, come to think of it, more by the packaging more than the actual polish colors... except for the pink.  A-Rose From The Dead... I want that color full-sized, OPI!  I don't like buying minis, but if I find this set on clearance I am 100% getting it on the spot.  Those sugar skull decal/stickers are too cute to pass up!


~*Ari

3 comments: