For black & white nails I have an old mani, one which I did before I even started my blog. As it turns out, now it's simply perfect for the black & white challenge:
![]() |
| Models Own Purple Blue Sally Hansen Nail Polish Strips in Numbskull |
This was my first (and as yet only) foray into the nail-polish-strips-thing. I found the silly cute pattern for a steal, $3.00 at Big Lots. Polish Strips are super easy to apply and they wear well. (I covered mine with Seche Vite.) Taking them off the acetone removed the white before the skulls, which left a really cool pattern on my nails. Maybe I'll try applying the accent over a color then removing the white... hhmmm... I foresee this pattern coming out to play again this Halloween. =)
The Models Own was a wish fulfilled via my UK friend Elanor. I think Purple Blue looks especially nice in the sunlight, with it's blue shimmer in that plummy-base.
![]() |
| Models Own Purple Blue Sally Hansen Nail Polish Strips Numbskull (accent) |
Purple Blue has a sibbling, Orly Galaxy Girl. When I was lusting after this color of course Galaxy Girl was nowhere to be found. Now it turns out I own both. Not a bad thing though, as it's a gorgeous color. (I've yet to wear Galaxy Girl though.) Here's a bottle shot, for the curious:
![]() |
| Models Own Purple Blue -vs- Orly Galaxy Girl |



Love the pirates!
ReplyDeleteThanks! ♫ Yoo, hoo! Yoo, hoo! I pirate's life for me. ♪
Delete