Monday, September 3, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 4: green

Hey!

I have a personal fondness for green.  For one thing, it's my Mom's favorite color.  For another Loki, with his green and gold outfit, is all kinds of interesting in my book right now. 

(C) Marvel
Tom Hiddleston as "Loki" in The Avengers



The polish I chose for the green challenge happens to be an untried.  I got it while on vacation this summer.  As soon as I saw this bottle (in the clearance bin no less, oh K-mart thou wast epic ♥) I had visions of mermaid nails:

(C) H.M.C. 2012
Maybelline Be Scene in Green
 
This is Maybelline Be Scene in Green, (2 coats, over clear basecoat and no topcoat).
 
It's simply gorgeous.  I love it.  It's a rich and complicated color. Obviously it's green but it also has micro-shimmer particles in gold and turquoise. My lame photos don't do it justice. (Must stop taking cellphone pics and bust out the real digital.)
 

Maybelline is an classic drugstore brand (i.e. old and considered boring).  But this color is plenty saturated, the formula is smooth and easy to apply.  Good quality stuff.  Maybe their core collection isn't this interesting.  This bottle is labeled "limited edition" after all. Who knows... all that matters now is that Be Scene in Green rocks.

(C) H.M.C. 2012
Maybelline Be Scene in Green

I thought about sponging some glitter at the tips, but decided against it.  Actually... I think this color and Barry M Gold Foil would make a great gradient.  Right now I'm wearing my first attempt at a gradient, for day 10, and I do not like it. At all.

Right now, I wish I was wearing Be Scene in Green again.  ♥

~*Ari

2 comments:

  1. I have this in my stash somewhere and I have yet to wear it. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you're inspired to wear it soon. =)

      Delete