Today's challenge post theme is: "A Tale of Two Doctor Blues - Untrieds Edition".
An integral part of my utter geeky-nerdiness is that I love Doctor Who. (Stats: My doctor is Nine. ♥ ♥ ♥ I'm very, very fond of Ten and I have yet to embrace Eleven. I know, I know.) So at one point a twitter convo turned to "the perfect T.A.R.D.I.S. blue polish". I went on an all out google image search. Fans refered to many, many colors as "their T.A.R.D.I.S. blue". In the midst, two colors stood out for me: Cult Nails Time Traveler and Nails Inc Baker Street. One lucky summer and a third happy swap from the UK with Elanor and I now own both of those. Have a look...
![]() |
| Nails Inc Baker Street Cult Nails Time Traveler (accent) |
Cult Nails Time Traveler is freakishly pigmented --I mean that's just one coat up there!-- and amazing. But despite its name (which is indeed a Whovian nod) it's not T.A.R.D.I.S. blue to me. It's a perfect, deep, inky, navy blue creme, with a formula so rich it could be desert. I love it to bits and I can't wait to wear it again... but it's not T.A.R.D.I.S. blue.
No, my T.A.R.D.I.S. blue is officially Nails Inc Baker Street. I am in love with it. ♥ It's bright and cheerful. It's electric but not neon. It's attention-getting. It's flamboyant-- all the things the good Doctor is. =)
![]() |
| Nails Inc Baker Street Cult Nails Time Traveler (accent) |
~*Ari
P.S. - A more recent online search reveals that I actually own several T.A.R.D.I.S. blue polishes: Revlon Royal and Barry M Cobalt Blue. (Another popular choice, which is readily available state-side, is Essie Mesmerize. But I don't own that one.) This made me wonder, so, I went into my blue helmer drawer and took a bottle pic of the appropriate hues in my collection.
![]() |
| [ click me - I'm huge ] |



I like to think that Time Traveller is Ten's dusty old Tardis, and Baker St is Eleven's freshly painted one.
ReplyDeleteAnd I like your color theory. =)
Delete