Wednesday, September 26, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 27: Artwork

Hi!

*Inspired by* is the watchword here:


(C) H.M.C. 2012
shade




 For this I used a bunch of polishes, and I'm going to try & recount them all here:

Thumb: 1/2 China Glaze Blond Bombshell, 1/2 CG Kalahari Kiss
Index & Pinkie: China Glaze Blond Bombshell and Essie Leave It To Diva (red)
Middle: Barry M Gold Foil (base), China Glaze Kalahari KissEssie (dots)
Ring: China Glaze Kalahari Kiss, & gold glitter striper.
 
Kalahari Kiss happens to be a new acquisition (♥ Sally Beauty 50% off Red Tag clearance sales ;-).  I picked it up just because of the fantastic price and since I didn't have a color like it.  But now that I've tried it I think it's a really great creme color.


(C) H.M.C. 2012
sunlight


The above mani bears but a vague shade of similarity to the following work of art:


Gustav Klimt - The Kiss

This is one of my most favorite pieces of art.  I love how Klimt sort of separates their bodies from with the use of shapes.  He's strict, all rectangles and lines, while she is all circles and polka dots... except for that bit there on her 'sleeve'.  I like to think he's 'infecting' her. ♥

~*Ari

6 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites, too! Great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous reminds me of Iron Man slightly, just the colours!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thanks for giving me that mental association. Now I have to watch the Avengers on DVD. =)

      Delete
  3. It kind of reminds me of little banana slices, tee-hee! :)

    ReplyDelete