Saturday, August 11, 2012

NOTD - A Bad Case of The Blues

Hi!  This super quick post is dedicated to my friend, Ginger Eleanor. ♥


(C) H.M.C. 2012
"A Bad Case of The Blues"

I will update it with more info on the colors used laters today. Right now, my car has a doctor's appointment.  =(    All better now!  Let's get on with the show, shall we?

I have a personal summer challenge going.  It's just a little list of some things that I want to get done.  I keep it as an album on my facebook page, so it's ilustrated.  One item is "to wear 50 untried polishes from my collection".  So I found a cool picture online and I've used that as my inspiration/representation: Fab Fatale's blue ombre nails.  "A Bad Case of The Blues" here is my interpretation of this fab mani. ♥ 

Want to know more about the ten colors I used? 

Disclaimer: My cuticles are atrocious, I apologize!  Setting up a classroom is murder on my hands. There's no help for them right now. =(  But the colors are pretty, so you may still want to click-to-enlarge.


This mani was super quick-- I did it right before bed, 2 coats of each color and Seche as topcoat.  I snapped the pics in the morning, before I went to work and it got destroyed.



(C) H.M.C. 2012
"A Bad Case of The Blues" - Left Hand
Here's the rundown:
Sinful Colors Cinderella - So pretty! Sheer but builable. I cheated with a thick 2nd coat.
Goldie soldier blue - I love this one! That microshimmer is to die!

Creative Arts sky blue - Woah! Hella streaky 1st coat! Perfectly even 2nd coat.
Barry M Cobalt Blue - Perfection. So pigmented at one coat, but I did two.
OPI I Vant to be a Lonestar - This one really would have benefited from a 3rd coat.



(C) H.M.C. 2012
"A Bad Case of The Blues" - Right Hand
Essie Smooth Sailing - This one has a really pretty micro-glitter finish.
Orly La Playa - This one dried darker than bottle color, like I wanted it to be. 

Essie Coat Azure - Prettier than I gave it credit for! (The patchiness is from the flash.)
Color Club Chelsea Girl - This is a neon and it dried so ugly matte! Topcoat is must.
Color Club Sheer Disguise - This one really needed a 3rd coat, which I didn't give it.

Since I am now getting back to work after a long vacation --and facing what could very well be a challenging work year-- I figured it was quite apt to haver a "Bad Case of The Blues" mani-wise.

Oh and for those of you keeping score... I am at #37 of my #50 polishes challenge and "A Bad Case of The Blues" features 9 untrieds from my collection. =) 

If any of you out there do NaNoWriMo, then you could call this mani as me pulling a "the freaking". LOL!


Bye!
~*Ari

6 comments:

  1. That's pretty! I will be needing to know what the middle left one is plskthanx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait... middle finger, left-upper side of the picture?
    That is Essie Coat Azure. I'll bottle-spam you via twitter if you like. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, no, I meant middle finger left hand! But it's ok - you've updated now!

      (Trying for the third time before I give up on this ridiculous captcha thing!!)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The comment verification thing - having to type in letters and numbers from the 'photo' (ie swirly mess) thing they have to let you comment.

      Delete