Monday, August 6, 2012

A Beautiful Award

My UK swap buddy Anna has nominated me for an award!!! 




This is so exciting!  I feel like Agnes!

(C) Despicable Me




This award comes with a few simple... Rules:



1. Thank the person that nominated you and link to their blog.

HEY ANNA...


2. Tell us how the idea of making a blog popped up and what makes you continue it?


The idea of it was simple-- I just wanted to share in the fun with my polish loving friends. =)  How I came to actually do this... is a longer story.  My blog is baby-brand new and I can say that I continue to do it because it's a fun. Isn't it like that for all of us? =)



3. Describe a usual day in your life.
My "usual day" depends on the time of year.  During the Summer months I'm on vacation and I can do pretty much anything I want (or nothing at all). This includes the usual girlie stuff-- reading, shopping, crafting, taming my hair, playing with make-up, listening to lots of music, enjoying various TV boyfriends, hanging out with my girlfriends and taking roadtrips my mom.

But some the fall duty becons and I become Miss M, elementary school teacher. This is both the most rewarding and the most frustrating "process", bar none.


(C) Aimee Myers
[ Mind Boggling Process by Aimee Myers ]

I retain my sanity thanks to ballroom dancing, which is something else I have in common with Anna. =)


4. The best collaboration with a blogger.

If swaps count as collaborations, then the best are with Anna. =) Actually she's the only person I've ever never done them with. If I could find someone else nice, I'd really like to try and swap for Brazilian nail polishes too.


5. The worst collaboration with a blogger.

None.  It's all roses and cupcakes here.


6. Describe what having a blog means to you.

Short answer-- it means that I have an outlet for this long-brewing nail polish obsession.

Much like Anna who nominated me, nail polish and I have quite the history together. The ladies in my family
have always had lovely natural nails, which I saw them polish all the time. My personal turning point came in the 90's, when colors went 'off the wall'. This is when Hard Candy Sky was born, as the summer fun project of a quemistry major.  This is when Uma Thurman's nails in Pulp Fiction made Chanel Vamp The Color No One Could Have.  My faves were a dark, chrome blue (still love a good blue) and a
baby chick yellow (both by Bettina, and awesome little brand from P.R.). I was in grad school at the time (in a very conservative field) and as I 'talk with my hands' I drove more than one professor to distraction with my manis.  I consider this a point of honor. ;-)
For a while there, I fell off the nail polish wagon, so to speak (got distracted with my career).  Then five years ago, out of the blue, I had a sudden craving for Chanel Vamp, which I satisfied with Essie Wicked (always love a good reddened vampy black).
Then end result to all this means that I buy too much nail polish (I have 2 helmers). It means I have an extensive collection, meticulously catalogued in excell. It means anyone who knows me, will check my hands to see what I'm wearing now. It means that I infect people with 'nail polish love'.



7. Nominate five some other bloggers.

This is the hardest one for me.  I feel like I'm the last kid to enter the playground, and I know who all the popular kids are... but I'm still haven't made many friends of my own.  So I'm going to nominate just two blogs
#1 Lit From Within --> Nydia Doherty and I met briefly last month in Orlando, at the Let's Talk Beauty event held with the Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida.  She was friendly, outgoing and engaging me in conversation when I needed it most.  I don't live in Florida and I had been blogging for all of two weeks (tops!).  What did I know about beauty blogging?  What business did I have being at this event?  In the end it didn't matter, because once Nidia and I got to talking, I forgot all about my apprehension. Thank you, Nidia. ♥
#2 Varnish Clique and Made In The 80's --> The three ladies are part of what I consider my twitter nail polish gang. =)  Their nice comments are what got me to start taking cellphone pics of my manis to tweet (usually in the car, while stopped at a red light-- cause hey, it's the best sunlight! :-)


~*Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment