Wednesday, June 27, 2012

NOTD Summer Trends: denim neon

Hi!  Here's a pretty mani I did a couple of weeks ago, to celebrate the summer.
Little did I know I was 100% on trend...

(C) HMC 2012
Barry M Denim and Claire's Sunshine

Denim and neon in "the thing" now... hey, neon-colored denim is the thing.  Yeah... not so much for my closet.  But for my nails?  Bring it! =)







Barry M is a UK brand that I get to try thanks to swaps with my lovely friend, Elanor's Nails.  This blue, named Denim, is an awesome shimmery, foil-like creme that was good at one coat (!). I'd say that Color Club Cold Metal and Denim are 'cousins' (i.e. closely related). The blue in Cold Metal seems to me a brighter shade, while Denim appears to have more silver particles in the mix.

Knowing something of the tricky nature of both neons and yellows, I decided to lay down some Barry M Foil Effects Gold as a base, then hit it with 2 coats of Sunshine and that 'did the trick'. Now, the gold-base did deepen the color of the neon just a tad. I think I'll try a silver-base next time. But I was very happy with this mani.

~*Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment