The mail is a lovely thing. For instance, yesterday, it brought me stripping tape. (Hooray!) Tomorrow, it'll most likely bring me Nail-Venturous Floam (Double hooray and props to Ninja Polish! Shipping in under 24hrs!) Today, the mail is also helping me to send out a message in a (paper) bottle.
Wanna see? (Warning: non-nail related blabbing ahead...)
Many years ago, when the interwebs was shiny and new, I made a friend. She was lovely and quirky. We were like lost peas who found their way back to the pod. We found each other because I wrote Hades fanfic and she read it --cheers to the old Herc/Xena days! We even corresponded, like penpals of old, exchanging letters "that smelled deliciously of ink" as she said once. ♥
Eventually life just got in the way-- my computer died, I lost all my emails and addresses... I finished grad school and went off to work... the fandom that brough us together 'died' itself... I left 'home', relocated, made a new home... But in all these years I've never lost my love for mythology... and I've often though of my friend as well.
Today I put a card in the mail, a message in a (paper) bottle, addressed to her, like the pen pals of old. Hopefully that card will reach my friend and find her happy and in good health... while it still smells deliciously of ink.
~*Ari

No comments:
Post a Comment