Tuesday, June 26, 2012

NOTD: the anti-summer mani

Technically I don't do Nails-o-the-Day. Usually I wear my manis for a week. Yup. One whole week-- especially when I'm at work.  Polish/lacquer wears on me like it's got voodoo. Seriously. I'm very lucky. That said....

As soon as my summer started I went all kinds of brights and neons kinda crazy with the manis. (I'm sorting my pics. I'll post some of those tomorrow.)  Then I went whiplash in the other direction. 

Warning: barely adecuate photography ahead, blurry and hyper-processed...




(C) H.M.C. 2012
NYX girls Ink Heart with NYX girls Mushroom Glitter on tips


(C) H.M.C. 2012
I went into the sun and triple-digit heat for this pic, y'all!

I am really happy with the quality of these NYX girl lacquers.  Ink Heart is a very pigmented navy blue, it was virtually perfect at 1 coat. Meanwhile Mushroom Glitter is aptly named, looks very mushroom-y colored in the bottle, made from a blend of silver and pale gold... shredded flakes. The little pieces are random sized, from tiny to small, and super fine. I can't call this a glitter really. To me it's better than that. I should also mention that they've worn really well. I took these two pics 3 days appart --during which time I finished putting together a helmer-- and I barely have any tip-wear.

NYX girls was a new-to-me brand until last week. First I saw them at a clothing store, but at $4 a pop I passed.  But then I found it at 2 local beauty supplies for way cheap-- I got these for $1.00 each.  A super deal! (I've recently gotten into supply stalking and dusty hunting. But more on that later. =)

~*Ari

3 comments:

  1. A WEEK?? Omg, and I thought you were my nail varnish twin!

    That looks lovely!

    Why can't I follow your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, manis last me a 'work week', rough as school is on them. I think my nails are really dry. I bought a de-hidrator once & I think it gave me 'the peels', like bad. Maybe I should send it to you. ;-)

    As long a mani still looks pretty to me, I hate to take it off. That's my dilema right now! I could keep Ink Heart for another couple days, but I'm traveling Friday. Then it's the question of *what to do*.... decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, see I get bored and want to change my nails after a day, because I enjoy the actual painting process so much.

      Delete