Warning : the following is a non-nail post.
File Under: The Handbag Obsession of Summer 2013
That's how it's gonna go down in my history. Why? Where'd this come from? No clue really. But it hit me like a train and suddenly I wanted --no, needed-- to own a chic handbag. So I did what I always do... off to research I went.
I started at the top, fell in love, got sticker shock, recovered, rationalized (TARDIS blue ♥) started making long-range plans --I have a birthday in the fall... I have a Christmas Club Nest Egg...-- crafted a backup plan..... Then I consulted my mother who resolved it all thus: You have handbags for fall. What you need is a Summer bag. Let's go shopping.
♥ I Love My Mother ♥
Yeah-- look what we found at the first store we went to!
![]() |
| [ Coach Legacy Leather Mini Tanner -|- other colors ] |
Right away I remembered seeing --and liking-- this style of bag on Ella Pretty's blog. Then I walked away and I inspected virtually all the bags in the handbag department. I didn't like most of them. I liked Fossil bags --I'm not a brand fanatic, but I always like their designs-- but I wanted to step out of my usual. Coach is not my usual. A "frivolous color" is not my usual. Dammit! I wanted "not my usual"! All the way!
I have to say, I think it's the most perfect little handbag for Summer. It's not too big, not too small --I don't have to switch wallets to use it!-- and it's bright, lemon-yellow color is cheerful yet chic. (It's not neon-highlighter yellow.) Plus it's super comfortable to carry, as a cross-body or by the handles. See?
I kinda sometimes wanna be a fashion blogger. Don't judge me... please? ♥
![]() |
| [ dress : LOFT -|- shoes : Jessica Simpson (they match the bag perfectly!)] |
The day I snapped this selfie I was going out to dinner... and maybe for a little shopping too... yet I bought nothing. In fact, very little of what I saw appealed to me. (Although if I had found Essie's In The Cab-Ana --OT: OMG that silly hyphenation, that's a total 50 Shades reference isn't it!?-- that probably would have happened.) Aaahhhh yes.... relief. The handbag-shaped hole in my heart was filled. ♥
Summer is a big deal for me. This one in particular has been special, for a variety of reasons. But mostly because I know that even when Summer ends I'm not going back to the "same old same old". I'm going to a new campus in the fall, back to the grade level I truly love and it all feels so... refreshing. I feel like I will be able to establish a new me there, so to speak. Because 'that me' intends to reclaim the 'old me' which 'this me' has been missing. Hello again, make-up. Dress up to look cute, without fear of judgment? Yes, thank you. To be a better me... summer into fall... my seasons of regeneration and renewal.
Regeneration... that reminds me... TARDIS blue ♥ I still want you... *le sigh* =)
~*Ari


No comments:
Post a Comment