Wednesday, June 19, 2013

FAIL: Translucent is No Bueno

Summer, Summer!  Fun, fun, fun!

Yesterday I went out for a pedi... and ended up stopping in at every dang store I wanted along the way.  One of them was Claire's and in their clearance section I spotted these:


(C) H.M.C. 2013
Claire's jelly lip balm

Immediately I thought of those elusive Maybelline Shine Sensational Pop Sticks (which I never spotted in stores) and got two, the only colors they had. They were cheap enough and I figured 'how bad could a lip balm be...  Woah!  Are these ever bad!  


Though they look like they'd be juicy and melt-on-your-lips good they're both dry, hard and plastic. Not a single jelly thing about them! That was the worst!  Any other cheap'o balm will glide on your lips.  Seriously.  Given the crap quality, the regular price of $3.50 each is ridiculous.  But seeing as how these are utterly unusable, the clearance price od $1.75 is just as ridiculous.  Also ridiculous, this "balm" is available for purchase on the Claire's website, but only in yellow (lemon?).  Yeah... not ever.  Like never ever.  

I've already chunked these in the trash... but I've kept the tubes.  I'm going to DIY me some crayon lipsticks, like Jordan or Ms. Toi.  ^_^

~*Ari 

(PS - In case anyone out there loves these and found that they're the best balms ever and I'm horrible or something... maybe I just got a couple bad ones.  For your reference these were both labeled as "Batch/Lot DR120863", Made in China, not tested on animals and with "hydrogenated polyisobutene" as the main ingredient.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment