Sunday, December 23, 2012

GTL (Get The Look): Pretty Little Liars

Hi!

Sorry!  It's been forever.  I haven't stopped doing my nails... I just didn't much feel like blogging about it.  Work-- it's really depressing lately.  Again, so sorry.  Now that I'm on holiday/winter break I should do some more blogging.  

Anyhoo... this is a nail look I did a while back, based on this you tube tutorial.  I don't watch Pretty Little Liars and I don't know who Hanna is, but here's a pic:

(C) Pretty Little Liars

How fun is that?!?!?  Check out my take on it:


(C) H.M.C. 2012
Essie Love, Beverly Hills xx  and Kiss Nail Stickers



I came across these nail stickers at Family Dollar for just $3 and I decided to give them a whirl.  I've tried the Sally Hansen strips and I like them.  These I did not like, and I'll tell you why.




They're thicker than the Sally brand and with the filing them off at the tip, I got tip wear instantly; that and their texture had me picking at the incessantly.  I never do that.  Never.  I ended up having to replace a sticker every day, because they ended up peeling off, and when they did... they took nail plate with them.  Nope.  Hate that.  Yuck.  

The good part about this mani: that flippin' awesome red.  I have owned this red for years, and I had yet to wear it.  I know.  But now that I have, I seriously love it.  The formula was excellent, the pigmentation level divine.  It glows.  Lit from within.  It's amazing. ♥ ♥ ♥ 

This also happend to be the first pricey polish I ever picked up for a steal at Ross.  I saw it first on The Polish Addict's blog, but I was not going to pay retail for it.  Fast forward I don't know how long and one day there it was, in its little white box and everything, for a mere $3.99.  For the picky my bottle does not have the white, signature printing on one side of the bottle.  But I don't care.  It's what's inside that bottle that counts.  Pure, molten, red-hot-and-gold love. 

Now, far be it from me to start a lemming you can't cure -this was limited edition blah blah- really that's not my style.  But curiously enough I found a really good dupe for this color right after I wore it.  Actually, my Mom did, at Wal-mart:  


Essie Love, Beverly Hills xx (left) Revlon Saucy (right)
  
My Mom loves red and she fell for this one.  When we got home my bottle of Essie was still lying around, far from its helmer home.  I didn't swatch them side-by-side.  So I'll let you click the piccie and judge for yourself. 

~*Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment