Saturday, September 22, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 23: Movie

One of the more recent movies to spark a whole mani movement was The Hunger Games.  Aside from the China Glaze tie-in collection, the ladies out there brought it when it came to the skills level and creativity in creating flames on their nails. 

Here is my own little take:


(C) H.M.C. 2012
The Hunger Games inspired ~ "The Girl Who Was On Fire"

I used basic black, red and a little dab of glitter for the accent, and some tape for the flame shape.  What's really special here is the goldIt's the real deal.

(C) H.M.C. 2012
Orly Limited Edition 25th Anniversary 24kt Gold
( worst bottle shot ever, but it's 100% authentic & taken-by-moi )

I think real 24kt gold nail polish is so a District 1/Effie Trinket sort of excess, don't you?


~*Ari

6 comments:

  1. A gold! A gold I don't have! Is it a new thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's very old actually. Orly's 25th anniv was back in 2000. I found this bottle in that crazy, dusty supply shop I was tweeting about in the Summer.

      This polish while it looks great is in dire need of some restore. It never really dried properly for me.

      Delete
  2. The orly gold is amazing loving the flame on the accent nail too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh gold! I like the colour but i'm so fair skinned I just don't think it ever looks right :( So sad. Beautiful on you though you lucky girl!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) I've never noticed what my skin-tone does vs nail polish colors... I must truly be lucky then. =)

      Delete