Wednesday, September 12, 2012

31 Day Challenge - Day 13: animal print

Hey!

This post features another first for my dotting tool & my nail art 'skills' (such as they may be). 

My Cheetah print nails:



(C) H.M.C. 2012
(L-R) Essie Sand Tropez, Color Club Get A Clue, Avon Jade
with Essie Heart My JR Jewels (french tip)

I just free-handed the spots and then used a little tape for the tips.  (The polish dragging is my fault, for not waiting long enough to use topcoat.   I am not a fan of animal prints, in anything.  But I've actually sorta wanted to wear a cheetah print on my tips.  First it was because of a You Tube post by Miss Glamorazzi about recreating a look from a Pretty Little Liars episode.  Later on I came across this color combo on Pinterest and that's where I got my inspiration.



I know my spots didn't come out so great-- I've realized the colors need to be bracketed by 3 bits, with obvious breaks in between.  But I'm not discouraged (unlike with stripes, weird, I know).  After this challenge I'll def try this again. =)

~*Ari

P.S. If you want to laugh & like cats, then you must watch Miss Glamorazzi's cat 'video bomb' her. You're welcome.  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I really loved the colors you used! Great mani! Also, I tagged you in a blog award. Check it out:

    http://totallychicbysamanthal.blogspot.com/2012/09/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete